“When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.”
Malala Yousafzai is a youngest Nobel Prize winner and Pakistani activist for Children’s education, female education and for human rights. When Malala was 11 years old, she wrote a blog for the BBC under a pen name Gul Makai and explaining the life under Taliban control in north-west Pakistan. On 10 October 2014, Malala Yousafzai won the Nobel Peace Prize only at the age of 17. Yousafzai is the youngest Nobel Prize laureate. In April 2017 Malala became the youngest UN Messenger of Peace.
Born : July 12, 1997 in Mingora, Swat, Pakistan
Nationality : Pakistani
Father : Ziauddin Yousafzai
Mother : Toor Pekai Yousafzai
Current Residence : Birmingham, England, UK
Shorty Award for Teen Hero in 2015
Nobel Peace Prize in December 2014
Sakharov Prize in 2013
Simone de Beauvoir Prize in 2013
United Nations Prize in the Field of Human Rights in 2013
Ambassador of Conscience Award in 2013
Glamour Award for The Girls’ Hero in 2013
Mother Teresa Awards in 2012
National Malala Peace Prize in 2011
Famous Book : I am Malala : The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and was Shot by the Taliban
World Malala Day : 12th July named by United Nations
Amazing Facts About Malala Yousafzai :
Shot when she was only 15 (in 2012)
– Malala was on a mission for the education of the girls and was on a bus where Taliban group hijacked the vehicle and shot malala in the head. However, the brave girl survived, and today she is a role model of worldwide girls’ education campaign.
Received the Novel Peace Prize
– It is a coincidence that Malala received the Nobel peace prize just two years after she was shot. It was reported that she was in a deplorable condition and it was a challenging situation to make her survive.
She Is Cool With The Man Who Shot At Her
– In an interview Yousafzai revealed that she is not angry with the person who is held for shooting her. Instead of bashing or cursing the person she quoted that the assassination attempt on her has made her stronger.
Support from Her Father
– Yousafzai has got immense support from her father, who constantly motivated and encouraged her to bring about social change. Her father Ziauddin always supported her activism, and when she was young, her father did not make her realize to the conservative cultural tradition.
She Already Holds a College Degree
– Apart from her appearance on Ellen, Malala made the headlines of the newspaper by showing her willingness to apply in college. Though she already has a couple of honorary degrees she wanted to go abroad at the University of Stanford to get her degree completed.
Fan of Twilight
– In the book of “I Am Malala” she wrote that she has been reading Stephanie Meyers Twilight form a very young age. She was only ten when she started to follow the book and often thought of becoming a vampire.
Not All Taliban Are Her Haters
– There is no doubt that all the common people will not welcome a social activist, and the case is same with Yousafzai. However, according to her, in some part of her county, she is loved by all, even by the Taliban because she has given them new life.
7 Facts You Did Not Know About Malala Yousafzai :