“The most terrifying words in the English language are: I’m from the government and I’m here to help.”
Full Name : Ronald Wilson Reagan
Born : 6th February,1911 in Tampico, Illinois, U.S.
Died : 5th June,2004 in Bel Air, Los Angeles, California, U.S.at the age of 93
Father : Jack Reagan
Mother : Nelle Wilson Reagan
Spouse(s)) : Nancy Reagan and Jane Wyman
Awards : Presidential Medal of Freedom, Congressional Gold Medal and many more
1. Ronald Wilson Reagan, popularly known as Ronald Reagan was an American politician and actor who served as the 40th President of the United States from 1981 to 1989. Ronald Reagan appeared in 53 movies, some of his most famous were Knute Rockne: All-American, Storm Warning and the Killers. He was the oldest president in history at the of 69. He has recently lost that claim to President Donald Trump who became president at the age of 70.
2. In 1947 Ronald Reagan became an informer for the Federal Bureau of Investigation. He would provide information on actors in the film industry that were believed to be communist party members or anybody that may have been a sympathiser. This role proved beneficial as J Edgar Hoover would later help with Reagan’s political campaigns.
3. Despite being a republican president, Reagan was originally part of the democratic party. He was a supporter of F.D.R and and the New Deal. He is known to have switched parties in 1962.
4. Ronald Reagan was born in Tampico, Illinois on February 6, 1911. He had two nicknames he was popularly known by. The first was Dutch which was coined by his father due to Reagans dutchboy haircut. His second name was ‘the Gipper’ from his role as George Gipp in Knute Rickne: All-American.
5. Reagan had a total of five children, three with Jane Wyman and two with Nancy Reagan. Four of his children were classed as adults by the time that Reagan became president. He is the only president who has ever been divorced.
6. 69 days after Reagan was sworn in as president there was an assassination attempt on his life. Despite being seriously injured the assassination failed and Reagans popularity was improved by this unlucky event. The gunman’s name was John Warnock Hinkley Jr and he claimed that he was trying to impress actress Jodie Foster.
7. Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s disease in 1994 which lead to allegations that he had shown signs of Alzheimer’s while acting as president. Four of his personal doctors and members of the cabinet put those rumours to bed. He died at age 93 at his Los Angeles home on June 5, 2004.