“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.”
7 Interesting facts about Barack Obama :
- Barack Obama. Full Name is Barack Hussein Obama. Born 4th of August in 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Grew up mostly in Hawaii. One year in wasgington State, four years in Indonesia. Graduated from Columbia University in 1983.
- In 1988 enrolled in Havard Law School where he was the first balck President of the Havard Law Review. 1992 to 2004 worked for civil rights attorney and professor, teaching constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law school.
- On October 18, 1992 Obama married attorney Michelle Robinson. They have two daughters name Sasha and Malia. In 2005, Obama published his first book name “Dreams from My Father”.
- 20th January 2009 Barack Obama elected for President of the United States. He served as the 44th President of the USA from 2009 to 2017. He is the first African American to have served as President, first born outside the contiguous United States.
- In 2009 Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to Barrack Obama for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples.
- Barack Obama increased U.S. troop levels in Afgahanistan. Ordered military involvement in Libya in opposition to Muammar Gaddafi. Military operation that resulted in the death of Osama bin Laden.
- Barack Obama promoted greater inclusiveness for LGBT Americans. Obama also advocated gun control in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. He left office in January 2017. He currently resides in Washington, D.C.