“Probably my worst quality is that I get very passionate about what I think is right.”
Full Name : Hillary Diane Rodham Clinton,
Born : October 26, 1947, at Edgewater Hospital in Chicago, Illinois
Spouse(s) : Bill Clinton
Children : Chelsea Clinton
Parents : Hugh Rodham and Dorothy Howell
Interesting facts about Hillary Clinton :
- Hillary Clinton was the eldest child of Hugh Ellsworth Rodham and Dorothy Emma Howell. She was the 67th United States Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013.
- She raised in the Chicago suburb of Park Ridge, Clinton graduated from Wellesley College in 1969, and earned a Juris Doctor degree from Yale Law School in 1973.
- She was appointed the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation in 1978 and became the first female partner at Rose Law Firm the following year.
- On October 11, 1975, she married Bill Clinton in a small ceremony in Fayetteville, Arkansas. They have a daughter, Chelsea Clinton.
- After Bill Clinton became governor of Arkansas, Hillary made it her mission as first lady to improve the state’s lagging health care and education systems. She was a forceful champion for LGBT rights at home and abroad. And she fought to expand human rights, internet freedom, and rights and opportunities for young people around the globe.
- When Hillary Clinton was elected to the U.S. Senate in 2001, she became the first American first lady to ever win a public office seat. From New York Hillary was elected as the first female senator in 2000. She was re-elected to the Senate in 2006.
- In 2016 She became the first female candidate to be nominated for president by a major U.S. political party. Despite winning a plurality of the national popular vote, Hillary lost the Electoral College and the presidency to her Republican opponent Donald Trump.