“The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.” – Pablo Picasso
Pablo Picasso was a Spanish painter, sculptor and poet regarded as one of the most influential and greatest artists of the 20th century. He is also known for the co-creator of Cubism. Some of his famous works are –
Full Name : Pablo Diego José Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno María de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santísima Trinidad Ruiz y Picasso
Born : October 25, 1881, in Málaga, Spain
Died : April 8, 1973 in Mougins, France( at age 91)
Nationality : Spanish
Father : José Ruiz y Blasco
Mother : María Picasso y López
Wife : Olga Khokhlova and Jacqueline Roque
Children : Four
Fascinating Facts about Pablo Picasso :
23 Words Long Name
– We know his name as Pablo Picasso, but his real name is 23 words long that includes 103 characters. Pablo was named after several saints as well as relatives. However, Pablo later adopted the surname of his mother which he thought would do him better.
The Midwife Thought Picasso to Be Dead
– At the time of his birth he was very weak, and the midwife even considered him to be stillborn. Thanks to his uncle who helped Picasso to revive him in an unusual style.
Surpassed his father
– The name of Picasso father is Ruiz who was an artist as well as professor and took the initiative to give his child primary education at a small age, 7. The most exciting facts here is that Picasso’s father put an end to his career when Picasso was 13. The reason behind this is that he thought that his son had surpassed him.
Completed First Painting At 9
– Picasso was only 9 when he completed his first painting which is named as Le Picador. However, his maiden major painting is named as La Premier Communion, which he completed when he was only 9.
Suspected Of A Theft For Monalisa
– It was in the year 1911 when famous painting Monalisa got stolen from Louvre. The police asked his friend Apollinaire about the culprit, and he fingered Pablo as the guilty. However, later both of them were released soon.
Poet and Playwright
– In 1935 he ended his first marriage, and soon he dabbled in the poem. The list does not end here he went further to write two plays. There was a rumor that Pablo believed that he would be more popular as a poet that his amazing paintings.
Pablo was a Playboy
– He ended his first marriage in the year 1935. Later it was reported that he had fallen in many relationships. The name of his first love is Fernande Olivier, and he was only 23 when he fell in love with her.