“You have to fight to reach your dream. You have to sacrifice and work hard for it.”
Lionel Messi is regarded as one of the best and famous soccer players in the world. Messi is an Argentine professional soccer player and now participates for La Liga’s Barcelona and Argentina national football team. Messi is only player in the history of football who win five FIFA Ballon d’Or awards, four of which he won consecutively.
Full Name : Lionel Andrés Messi
Born : 24 June 1987 in Rosario, Argentina
Father : Jorge Horácio Messi
Mother : Celia María Cuccittini
Wife : Antonella Roccuzzo
Children : Two son Mateo Messi and Thiago Messi
Current teams: FC Barcelona and Argentina national football team.
Fascinating Facts About Lionel Messi :
Napkin started his career
– In 2000 it was Barcelona sporting director who decided to meet with his father to discuss his son’s future. However, the most exciting thing, in that case, was that the contract was signed on a piece of a napkin, as it was the only piece of paper available there.
Messi’s Hospital Bills Were Paid By Barcelona
– At a very young age, Messi was diagnosed with growth hormone deficiency which is considered to be a significant threat to his career. This forced him to take the Human growth hormone which was beyond his family to afford the expense of the treatment. Thanks to Barcelona who is responsible for paying the bills.
Foodie to the core
– Messi loves to eat food, and when it comes to Milanesa Napolitana, then he can’t resist himself from overfeeding himself because it’s his favorite dish. Because of him, Barcelona has to throw out the vending machine from the change room. It was a challenge for former Barca boss to control Lionel excess love for the food.
Goodwill Ambassador of the UNICEF
– 11th March of 2010 Messi was elected as the goodwill ambassador for the UNICEF. Being the goodwill ambassador of UNICEF his job was to support the rights of the children. He has given so much time to UNICEF for fundraising program and actively participates in every charitable program organized by UNICEF.
The similarity with Che Guevara
-Argentinian superstar Lionel Messi has lots of similarity with Argentine Marxist leader Che Guevara. Both of them born in Rosario in the month of June and both fought of them are the best of their time.
Only Speaks Catalan When He Is Drunk
– Even though Messi can speak the Catalan language fluently but he hardly speaks. It was reported that, while celebrating the Barcelona league title Messi screamed some lines in Catalan to express his joy and the funny thing was that he was drunk at that time.
5 Times Ballon d’Or Winner
– Only player in the history of football to win the Ballon d’Or 4 consecutive seasons. No other footballer has managed to do so; presently he holds 5 Ballon d’Or leaving behind the legend Cristiano Ronaldo, who owns 4.
7 Interesting Facts To Know About Messi :