“You never lose a dream. It just incubates as a hobby.”
Larry Page is an Internet entrepreneur and computer scientist. Page launch the internet search engine Google in 1998 with his school friend Sergey Brin. He is the CEO of Google’s parent company, Alphabet Inc.
Full Name : Lawrence Edward Page
Born : March 26, 1973 in East Lansing, Michigan, U.S.
Nationality : American
Father : Carl Victor Page, Sr.
Mother : Gloria Page
Wife : Lucinda Southworth
Amazing Facts About Larry Page :
Highly educated family
– Larry page showed a keen interest in computers from his childhood. Both of his parents were experts in computer and his father Carl Page was a Ph.D. holder in the year 1965 for the field of computer science. This helped him to gain interest in the technology field.
Kiteboarding is love
– Apart from having interest in computer Lary Page is adventurous too. He enjoys kiteboarding, and his favorite destination is Richard Branson Island. Whenever he gets leisure time, he is off for kiteboarding. Apart from this Larry also like Alaska and he often land is jet there.
Tax evader but in style
– Being a co-founder of Google he only earns $1 a year. The tie their huge amount of money to the stock they have and another reason they offer themselves such a low wage is to pay less amount of taxes to the government and thus gain a little more profit.
Businessman in the true sense
– Larry Page and his friend Brin who is the man behind goggle’s success did not complete their Ph.D. They left their doctorate to focus on their business and started a research paper. However, later the research paper became the Google foundation.
A friend of need friend indeed
– While pursuing their dream, they hired their first-ever employee “Susan Wojcicki.” Unlike Larry and Sergey who did not have a Ph.D. degree Susan hold a Ph.D. degree from Stanford University. Susan provided her garage to Larry where the company started their initial campaign back in 1998.
Money and time are everything
– Success do not come easy, so it was the case with Google. Initially, they required a lot of money as well as time endowment, which was scare. They got their first investment from Andy Bechtolsheim of about $100000.
Larry wished to buy the first Google IPO
– Back in 2004 when Google started their first public offering, Larry wanted to offer to take the test in advance before buying the stock of Google; however, it was disallowed by US securities stock exchange.
7 Fascinating Facts about Google Co-Founder -Larry Page :